Sunday, August 19, 2007

4 Things...

In answer to G's tag...

4 things you may not know about me:

1. I want to be a writer and would love to be published someday.

2. I want to become involved in Martial Arts.

3. I have always wanted to become an actor in the movies. I think that being an actor doing movies would be an awesome way to make a living and a very creative process. I have actually been in one movie which has aired on TNT several times. It is called Karate Cop and I am briefly in two scenes in the beginning of the movie...don't blink or you'll miss me LOL...but my name is in the credits.

4. I wish there were healthy avenues that men could gather in groups, create close friendships, and grow emotionally without feeling like they are somehow not being true to their own nature…and I include myself in this group.

4 Jobs I have had:

1. Musician (My passion and the heart of my art…I wish I could make a living at performing, writing, and recording)

2. Counselor (This is where I got “Doc” when I was 12…what can I say…I am really good at listening and telling other people what they need to do)

3. Teacher (Couldn't get away from it…I fought it for a long time…runs in the family)

4. Sales (hated parts of it…but I was good at it…glad to have the experience)

4 Movies I could watch over and over:

The Sandlot (This is not my childhood…and yet it is my childhood…all at the same time…it has and reminds me of all the stuff I loved and miss about being a kid)

Sleepless In Seattle/City Slickers (First…I love romantic comedies…and second I love to laugh…but choosing between these two I couldn't do…City Slickers was the first movie I went and saw in a theater alone…just after my first marriage failed…and it hit home for me…and made me laugh)

Shawshank Redemption, (Have to agree with G on this one…excellent movie)

Unforgiven (This is in some ways to me…the ultimate Western…and my favorite)

4 TV Shows I watch:

Miami Ink (Chris Garver just absolutely rocks...the guy is a true artist and I would love to have some work done by him)

L.A. Ink (Kat is an amazing artist and I would love to get inked by her someday)

Heroes (Who doesn't want to have a superhero power?!)

Numbers (I love art mixed with intelligence, logic, rationality, set in a good drama…good work)

4 Hobbies:

Photography (Would love to make more money at it…have to say the same about music as well)

Drawing/painting (It still amazes me that I can start with nothing literally and coax, prod, embellish, and pull something out of clear space with a pencil, pen, piece of charcoal, or paint)

Writing (I would love to be published someday…I absolutely LOVE to read…I love stories)

Traveling (If I could I would spend 6 months a year traveling to different places and visiting different family and friends)

4 Places I have lived:

Stockton, CA (My whole life)

In my mind:
Maui (West coast)
Carmel, CA
Italy…somewhere close to but not IN Rome…


4 Favorite Foods:

Home made tacos (love them so much I lost 75 lbs with them 10 years ago)
Pizza (Many kinds)
BBQ (I love stuff right off the grill…especially meat…beef in particular)
Mexican (I could eat this stuff every day…spicy…with guacamole)

4 Places I would rather be:

On the beach in Maui
On the beach in Carmel/Monterey
On the beach in Cabo
On the beach in San Diego (Seeing a theme here? :)

4 Websites I visit daily:

My 2 Blogs
The Sarah Bear
Yahoo News
Weight Watchers (when I am being good)

No comments: