Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Follow Up...

So...I need to apologize for this update taking so long....I'm sorry for the wait...

OK...let's see...on the following Wednesday from the last blog I spoke with the same manager in the morning and she offered me the position. Yeah!!! It was contingent on me passing a background check...which I knew I would...

But before I had spoken with that manager...I believe the same morning before I got the offer....I had gotten another call from a different manager and was asked for a third interview...which I said I would be happy to go to. So after I accepted the one position on Wednesday morning...I went to a third interview that afternoon...I told the folks that I was offered the other position but I went through the interview anyway...and I was glad I did...it was interesting and informative...as well as good practice...and about 3/4 of the way through I told them... I had actually accepted the other position because I realized I had forgotten to mention that part initially...but it was a good experience...

Last week...on Wednesday...I spoke with the supervisor I accepted the position with...and I passed the background check...so I am set!....and I'm starting the new gig on the 10th of next month! So now I am working through the transition...trying to make sure it goes smoothly...at least as much as I can...

Ya know...it's weird...there are things I am certainly going to miss...and some things are really going to change around here...Heather starts her new job on the 3rd...and I start mine one week later...so December will be a real month of change for us...big changes...but all for a lot of good stuff...and even though there will be things I will miss...I am looking forward to learning new things and growing...becoming more than who and what I am now...and that growth will create new opportunities for us. All good stuff.

As for the other parts of life...we got to spend this last weekend in Carmel/Monterey...do a photo shoot that we both felt very good about and had fun with...got to enjoy each others company as well as time with our daughters...got to go to the aquarium...and even got to drop in on some friends for a good visit...

I wonder...what will the next year bring? I hope it will be filled with happiness and love...learning and growth...peace...sunsets...serenity...and prayer...

No comments: