Thursday, October 25, 2007

I love Maui...


I love Maui....

The west coast of Maui to be specific...

This is me on a beach right across the street from our timeshare there. It was early morning...everyone we were there with on this trip last November ('06) went over to the beach with us at 8:30 AM. This is how our day started...

Hallo....

I am not even sure what it is about Maui that made me fall in love with the island...but I would if I could.....own a place there and be there at least three months out of the year....at least...























































This was the view that same morning from our room before everyone else was up...awesome sunrise...and view of a construction site LOL...no worries...it was still absolutely beautiful...































Banyon trees are absolutely awesome...and huge...and not found anywhere else to my knowledge...















































Everytime we go...we have been there three times in the last three years....and each time...it is getting harder to come back home...and I hear that from every person that travels there...they don't want to come home...some of the people that we have met there....welp...they never did...they just found jobs in the paper and they just never came back to the mainland...it is truly paradise...I would want to travel back and forth regularly just to avoid island fever....but man....what a life...and when I am there...it "feels" like home...and when I do come back...I am just trying to figure out how to get back...

3 comments:

Dianah said...

September isn't going to get here fast enough! I can't wait to go. I am going through my photos of my trip 7 years ago.

Gina said...

Ok, Thanks for the pics! I am now doing the Pee Pee dance, FOR 3 MONTHS???Cant wait!! Walt is going to squeal like a pig I know it!

The Sarah Bear said...

Yea - Maui Rocks. I like it there a lot too... although I think that Kim's enthusiasm goes unmatched. He is truly like a big kid when he is on the island. He usually is pretty quiet but is ALWAYS grinning ear to ear. Always eager to go on a drive (as if we haven't driven the entire island twice already) and can often be found starring in the direction of the ocean when left idle. I am so glad that we got to go the first time! Who knew it would become a yearly thing? The place of our marriage? Who knew!?

The only thing I ask, babe, can we PLEASE see some other islands too? Share the love! St. Maarten?

Love you, Love Maui.