Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Interviewitas...

So the interview has come and went...

and I am still here...

I started freaking myself out about it for awhile...and then somewhere along the line I remembered...breath....breath dummy....just....breath....the night before...I was full of anxiety...the next morning....when I went to work and taught my class...that was the only peace I got...because I could get my mind off of the situation....and then I finally went....and they made me wait there...I was fifteen minutes early...so they made me wait there....for another ten or fifteen minutes...beyond the fifteen minutes I had arrived there early...so I sit there for close to if not a half hour...devouring a package of Breath Savor mints...and trying to remember everything I know...and then it hit me...well...I'd say about ten minutes into the half hour...hey....I need to just be in this moment...

Not in the moments to come...but in this moment..."mindfulness"....stay in this moment right here....right now....not in the future....not anywhere in the past....but in this moment...and just....breath....

Ya know....it's silly...but this is such a huge lesson...get out of your head...and just be.....be in the moment...because that is really all we have anyway...just right now...so BE present...fully...and things will work themselves out......and they did.

I was nervous until I remembered all this...and then I looked up and out a window...I could just barely see the top of a tree...and I just stayed there...in that place and in that moment....and I breathed....letting the panicky feeling wash over me and out of me...and I said to myself...ya know...self....I am just gonna be....me.....I am just gonna be who I am....and I managed to stay in that place....that frame of mind...until they came out and met me and invited me in to the interview room.

From there I felt in control of myself...I answered their questions....asked my own...listened and paid attention...made them laugh a few times...and walked out of there feeling like I did a good job at representing myself.

We will see how they felt LOLOL...but I felt good...and so...der it be mon....it is wat it is...and I be dah bettah fer it mon...eder way it goes...cuz I did me best...an I feel guuud ah bout it mon....nuff said...

If I am fortunate enough to get it.....one of the 11 positions they are hiring for...it is almost a guarantee that I will get the rest of my hours towards my license pretty quickly...which will be a good thing...a good thing indeed.

Thank you for your support...I do appreciate it! ;)

2 comments:

Gina said...

Now THAT will be a seriously celebratory week I tellya!!! Gotcha in my pocket:)

Anonymous said...

KEEP UP THE ADVENTURE !! Become ONE with that feeling...Isn't it gloriously freeing?
Makes you wonder, if all the pre-angst is just a method to highthen the senses...

Best Wishes !! Keep us informed !