Monday, May 28, 2007

But seriously folks....

One thing after another....one foot in front of the other....living in a virtual treadmill...stress is as stress does...looking forward without looking back...just to keep myself on track...just like it aught to be...a blend of substance and insanity....

When did it happen that I brought myself to a place where the simple mention of...or a statement about...oh....just fill in the blank here....was enough to raise my blood pressure...send a signal to my brain that I should jump to an emotional response which is wholly inappropriate for the moment or situation...we call it "emotional reactivity" in the profession...and indulge and allow myself to reduce my behavior to....well....I guess one could say...being human....humph....

I really try to live my life and treat others in such a way that I can respect and feel good about...and I constantly find myself doing things that I didn't mean to go the way that they eventually end up...and I find myself repetitively having to diplomatically fix messes I have made...not major stuff usually...although we all have our moments...it is really annoying...and seriously consistent...which begs the question of me...will I ever get this stuff right?

OK...it is Oh-ficial!....I am a human being after all...in all my consistently honest fumbling bumbling and mind-numbingly self-admitted dim-witted well meaning slip ups...I still try to make things better...and sometimes I actually accomplish it...but through it all...I am who I am...consistantly...I am OK with it all...I work on bettering those things I can...and drive myself crazy occasionally...only to come back in balance...and find that even though I sometimes tank myself...I am valuable...I am worth something...I am lovable...I am likable...and I am loved.

And so it is...and so it goes...

2 comments:

Gina said...

a blend of substance and insanity....
I'll be waiting for this blog on thought lounge:)
Balance.... omg balance.....

Doc said...

Hiya G...

Balance will be the subject of a thought lounge blog soon...absorootry!